5 Mar 2013

Trips to the movies

Dear imaginary readers,
I know that I am not coming here as often as I planned, but you just have to accept the simple fact that my life is not interesting at all and if anything does happen, I am probably too lazy to write about it. But today I can make an exception. People who know me know that I wouldn't mind spending most of my time in a lovely seat in the cinema, being absorbed into another world. Lately I've been going to the movies almost every weekend, so I thought that I might tell you something about the movies I've seen. Are you in? I am!

The Hobbit

 

If anybody asks me how many times I've seen this already, I probably wouldn't be able to say a number. I simply lost count. For all who loved the Lord Of The Rings, Peter Jackson is back at his best. We're back in the Shire. Everything is beautiful and green and also we have Martin Freeman. It was my first Freeman movie since his performance in my favourite Sherlock, so I was a bit afraid that I will not be able to accept the fact that this is not John Watson, but good old [young] Bilbo Baggins. And I must admit that I had trouble with it the first time I watched that movie, but then it just faded away and now I am afraid that in the new season of Sherlock I won't be seeing John Watson but Bilbo Baggins. First world problems.
And don't even get me started on the awesomness of the dwarfs. Just go and see it. Trust me. Go go go. 


Django Unchained


When it comes to Tarantino, I always end up writing the same... and I am out of superlatives. Django was brilliant. The ending could have been shorter, but it doesn't change my opinion. Christoph Waltz on the top of his game, as usual. DiCaprio giving me creeps, as usual. I am sooo getting this on DVD when it comes out!

Warm Bodies


This film had so much potential and they ruin it with a stupid love story. Ok, if the love story wasn't the plot line, it would be ok. But this was basically just a movie about absolutely nothing. Girl developing a good case of Stockholm syndrome. Romeo and Juliet, they said. Good thing Shakespeare is not around to hear that, he wouldn't be happy, methinks. 
I liked it until Juliet showed up. The scenes at the airport were hilarious. When R. was introducing us to his best friend and they had a chat, I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe. But from there it just went downhill. Would I watch it again? Maybe. Worth a dvd? Hell no. 

A Good Day To Die Hard


Bruce Bruce Bruce Bruce. When I found out that they are making another Die Hard movie, I was quite disappointed. Mostly because I just bought a Die Hard dvd boxset because I thought that it's complete now. Exactly the same thing that happened to me with Indiana Jones. Good thing I didn't buy my Star Wars collection yet, ha ha. 
My friend and her boyfriend went with me and they said that it was crap. I liked it. I will get the dvd. I will get a new boxset. Yipee-ka-yay, mother***er.

Hansel and Gretel: The Witch Hunters


It was November 2012 when I first heard of this movie. Happiness. It was two weeks after that when I found out that Jeremy Renner [aka The Butt] will play Hansel. My reaction included stupid smile, jumping up and down and all that stuff a fangirl can't exist without. I should probably mention that this all happened at a bus stop. With other people standing around. Yeah. 
So last week it was finally out. I wasn't happy about the film being in 3D, but then I realised that I will see The Butt in 3D. I knew that I am going to enjoy this film. But I had no idea that I will love it so much. It was awesome. I want to buy the official dvd, then the director's cut, extended version, special edition, everything that has something to do with this. After few minutes watching it I forgot all about Renner and his butt. You know why? 

Because of her. Gretel. She is so beautiful and she was running around killing stuff. 
I usually don't fangirl about actresses, unless, of course, it's Catherine Tate or Karen Gillan or Kate Winslet, but this one... ah. 

And that's about it. Next movie I am expecting to see is the new Wolverine, but I don't think it's coming out until June or something around that time. Hopefully I will still be alive to see it. 

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment